Fedora Unity Re-Spin

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Dec 20 14:56:06 UTC 2007

Joachim Frieben wrote:
> Given that updates do rarely harm to a release, wouldn't it be simpler to
> set upsomething like a cron job for creating automatic respins from what is
> availableat a certain moment without any warranty for it?
> Ubuntu does release daily images which either work or not. You know it and
> youdecide to take it or not. Unity spins used to be released quite scarcely,
> and this
> was not optimal from a user's point of view.
> Regular snapshots could even be tagged based on user feedback in order to
> labelbad ones, but again this should rarely happen anyway. ~jf

Contrary to what you suggest; updates usually manage to break something
in a release, when the installer is being rebuilt with those updates.
We've seen it happen again and again.

Daily spins regardless of whether they work or not might be suitable to
some extend, but I'd suggest anyone interested in that does the following:

yum -y install revisor pungi

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip