missing wireshark features/options?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:45:14 UTC 2007

Since I've recently been developing some additional protocol
dissectors for wireshark, I've have the 'privilege' :-)
of encountering some of the 'optional' components for wireshark
(which I ignored).

Since the latest version was released yesterday I decided to
look at the Fedora version of it... the '-v' option reports:

Compiled with GTK+ 2.12.1, with GLib 2.14.4, with libpcap 0.9.7, with libz
1.2.3, with libpcre 7.3, without SMI, without ADNS, without Lua, with GnuTLS
1.6.3, with Gcrypt 1.2.4, without Kerberos, without PortAudio, without
AirPcap.

So the question is:

Why is the Fedora version build without, or whats preventing
the Fedora version from being built with, the stuff it says
is missing.  ie. SMI, ADNS, Lua, GnuTLS, kerberos, PortAudio,
AirPcap?

Its not that I need them, its just that curious minds want to know?

TIA
Fulko