KDE 4 live image for i686

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 29 21:40:56 UTC 2007

I tested the live CD on my primary computer (Pentium 4, Radeon 9200SE). What I
noticed:

* Yes, nm-applet is screwed up, we know why (GTK+ system tray applets not
liking Plasma), we need a solution ASAP. I wonder if knetworkmanager-0.7 is
good enough for Rawhide now. (But we need the GTK+ issue fixed, too.)

* The problem with the "lock/logout" applet is a display issue: there's a
button for locking and one for opening the logout menu, but only part of the
locking button is displayed and the logout menu button is missing entirely. I
got it to appear by doing a rotate/resize maneuver, then clicking on the lock
button and unlocking the display.

* The panel also reacts very strangely to attempts to drop something on it,
hopefully this is getting fixed for the 4.0 release.

* kdesu doesn't work, at least on the live CD, it just waits forever for
something, no password prompt dialog box ever pops up, nor is the application
actually started.

        Kevin Kofler