Unable to install FC7t1 from hard disk iso images.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 12 16:33:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 06:01:00 -0800,
  oldman <talbotscott at cox.net> wrote:

> I am sorry, but apparently I was unclear.  The install requires that
> the F7 .iso be  on a FAT partition, it will not read any other kind.

Why would someone have done that? I would have ext2/3 to be supported before
FAT as ext2/3 is more common than FAT for linux boxes in my experience.
It makes it kind of hard to try out the daily boot isos. I did work out
how to make a DVD image from what's currently in core (I can't use pungi in
mock yet as I never migrated from FC5 to FC6) and that would have worked
except I ran up against a problem with software raid layouts not being properly
detected and I couldn't finish the install.