F7t2 and QA Meeting

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 17:09:04 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

As Jesse announced on fedora-devel-list, the code freeze for Fedora 7,
Test 2 is today (this evening, US EST).

(For those of you who haven't been paying close attention, the F7
release has been pushed back a month, and we've added a Test3 to the
schedule. Feature freeze is now at Test3, next month. See the schedule:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7)

We will try to make .iso images available soonish, but in the meantime,
you can create your own images with pungi.
Instructions are here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/BuildingISOs
I'll be adding config files for Test2 as soon as I can get them.

The test matrix is here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/Test2TreeTesting
We'd like to test as much of this as possible *before* the release of
Test2. Please send your results to this list or come join #fedora-qa and
tell us how it's going.

Finally, we'll have a QA meeting at 1600UTC on Thursday (Feb 22) to
discuss the status of Test 2 and any issues that might come up.

Brace for impact!

-w