Rawhide install report (2006-02-20) - OK by me minus IPv6

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed Feb 21 06:46:59 UTC 2007

I installed from Rawhide via the boot.iso using NFS to the development/i386/os
mirror I keep.

I have to "try" an IPv6 configuration before the NFS will work. That is, I have to let the
network setup try to do IPv6 neighbor discovery and fail, then go back and
configure only IPv4 before the network will connect anywhere.  I will try
tomorrows rawhide before I BZ this.

Additionally, the display (under X) of the select screens does some strange
things in terms of displaying the checkboxes when they are highlighted.
They are *always* appearing to be "unchecked" (no x in the box) when they
are the focused highligh.  I have to click away to make sure that the
select is correct.  The installed system also displays this behaviour in some
(but not all) programs using checkboxes.  (Particularly: PUP has the problems,
KYum doesn't.)

KYum still suffers from being a fc6 build, and it doesn't like the UTF-8
characters that have appeared in the rpm information for SELinux packages.
There is an outstanding BZ for this one.

These are the only problems that I've seen in this test install.

System configuration: work2.private.
	CPU: Pentium II (Deschutes) 400MHz
	Cs:  Intel PIIX
	RAM: 512 MB
	Vid: ATI Rage Pro
	MB:  Dell Optiplex GX1
	HD:  PATA 40GB

--
G. Wolfe Woodbury       ggw(at)wolves.durham.nc.us