From Rawhide to Moonshine

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:23:10 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  I installed yum-allowdowngrades, I am using the --allow-downgrade
option and I am specifying the full name of the package. Yet, yum
refuses to replace any fc8 package by its fc7 equivalent. If I say
install, yum says nothing to do. If I say update/upgrade, yum says no
update information. What can I do? Thanks!

  I was considering remove/install, but some of the packages are
required by maybe about half of the others (such as zlib).

  On the other hand, if I wait, will all those fc8 packages be updated
by fc7 packages?

  Oh, I just see I still have xsri for fc6. Is that something to be
concerned about?

     Take care
     Oliver