From Rawhide to Moonshine

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:10:38 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  Yes, I have a problem: After the update, all fonts shrank to such a
tiny size, that it is almost impossible to work. I enlarged all the
theme fonts, but some fonts remained small. I had to enlarge the
terminal fonts separately, and I still do not know how to enlarge the
fonts of the Eclipse editor. Supposedly, the Eclipse editor simply
applies the theme fonts, but it still uses tiny fonts while theme
fonts have been made large. The font selection option in Eclipse does
not work.

  And there are a number of other minor glitches, too. Not unusual for
Rawhide, but I would like to have a stable system for now.

  Why was I on Rawhide anyway? Well, after trying in vain to set up
IPW3945 wireless on FC6, some one told me that FC6 simply does not
support it and I needed to go to Rawhide. I figured I had to make the
hard choice of either (a) no wireless (b) no Fedora or (c) no
stability. I need my wireless and I thought that if FC6 can not do it,
other Linux distros might not be able to do it either. This was the
beginning of my Rawhide adventure.

  At least, I was able to make the wireless work, even if after a lot of pain.

     Take care
     Oliver