Fedora 7 Test Update: pam-0.99.7.1-5.1.fc7

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 16:34:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 16:43 +0200, Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:39 -0700, updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > Fedora Test Update Notification
> > FEDORA-2007-0202
> > 2007-06-06 09:39:24.182668
> >
> > Name        : pam
> > Product     : Fedora 7
> > Version     : 0.99.7.1
> > Release     : 5.1.fc7
> I just did an update with the stuff in fedora-updates-testing on a fresh
> F7 install and noticed that this pam update causes its new system-auth
> file to be saved as system-auth.rpmnew in /etc/pam.d/. I'm no pam expert
> but shouldn't the old config just be overwritten? Maybe there is a
> noreplace directive active in the spec file?
The problem is your system-auth is now symlink created by authconfig.
RPM doesn't behave correctly in this regard and creates a .rpmnew file
although the system-auth didn't change between versions. The noreplace
is of course also correct because pam package upgrade must not change
system PAM configuration potentially modified by sys admin.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb