Will anaconda update get pushed out tonight?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Mar 3 06:31:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 20:44:57 -0500,
  Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com> wrote:
> > While the anaconda source has been updated, as of the pull I did a couple of
> > minutes ago, the version hadn't been updated, so I suspect that it might
> > not get pushed out.
> >
> > While I can easily make new install DVDs from a mirror of the core packages,
> > I can't easily rebuild the boot.iso's myself since I am using FC5 and can't
> > use pungi and mock to build an FC7 boot.iso.
>
> No, there most likely won't be.  However if you've got a CVS checkout,
> why don't you just toss the updated raid.py into an ext2 filesystem
> image, put that up on a website, and use updates= on the boot
> parameters?  You don't need to go through the full pain of making an
> updated boot.iso.

My install attempts are failing very early and it is the boot.iso's that
I am really testing right now. The pata module(s) for my controller card
has some issue that prevents anaconda from seeing my disks. With the
current typo I am not getting far enough to see if the latest pata_hpt3x2n
module is still failing (though I could tell I got that one instead of
pata_hpt37x). So I don't get to where I am actually installing rpms.
So I guess my question really should have been will there be a new boot.iso
with the fixed anaconda version. But I figured the answer would be the same
for both.
I thought about trying to do a binary patch to boot.iso since it might be
just changing a : to a ), but I figured it most likely be on a compressed
file system and things wouldn't be that simple.
I can't build a new boot.iso from the rpms, because I don't have any FC6
systems right now and there isn't a mock package for FC5 to build F7
stuff with.
Maybe the updates= does something different than I think does, so I'll
take a look at that and see if it might help.