Will anaconda update get pushed out tonight?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Mar 4 16:48:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 20:44:57 -0500,
  Chris Lumens <clumens at redhat.com> wrote:

> No, there most likely won't be.  However if you've got a CVS checkout,
> why don't you just toss the updated raid.py into an ext2 filesystem
> image, put that up on a website, and use updates= on the boot
> parameters?  You don't need to go through the full pain of making an
> updated boot.iso.

I finally found what you are talking about. I haven't tried it yet, but
I should be able to do it using my floppy drive. This is a really neat
feature. I had previously thought that the updates stuff was just for rpm
updates and didn't realize you could fix installer problems as well.
In case anyone else is following this, there is documentation on how to build
update images at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates