FC7T2 Dual Boot issues.

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:26:52 UTC 2007

On  Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:53:55 -0500  Styma, Robert E \(Robert\) wrote:
>If I choose the FC7T2 system I get the following output:
[snip]
>Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format
You had fc7t2 grub installed on master boot and overwrited it with the
centos install, again on mbr.
Instead you had eventually to select to install it on the root
partition (in grub setup advanced options I presume during install)
and then manually setup grub entry for it.
If you want now instead to mantain Centos as the main start now, you could:
- boot centos
- create a mount point dir /f7t2
- mount /dev/hda1 under /f7t2
- chroot /f7t2 (you are now in f7t2 /dev/hda1 shell environment; man
chroot eventually)
- eventualy create special dev files if they are not under /dev (at
least /dev/hda and /dev/hda1
mknod /dev/hda b 3 0
mknod /dev/hda1 b 3 1
- edit your f7t2 grub.conf setting (/boot/grub/menu.lst)
change the line you should have as
#boot=/dev/hda
in
boot=/dev/hda1 (without # at the beginning)
- grub-install /dev/hda1
- exit
- restart centos (without changing grub conf here) and try to boot in f7t2

HIH,
Gianluca