Network Manager does not regard network settings.

Pasha R pashar.ml at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:24:36 UTC 2007

When I installed FC7 test2, I specified a static IP address on my
Ethernet NIC. After installation, I also configured a PPPOE connection
to my ISP. But it looks like NetworkManager doesn't look at network
configuration and is trying to acquire an address from DHCP. When it
fails (as I don't have any DHCP servers at home), it configures my NIC
with some zero-conf IP address and deletes nameservers received from
my provider from /etc/resolf.conf? It there a way to make it to behave
more sanely, other than disabling it?