How to tell what repo/mirror yum is using

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Mar 28 09:55:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:03:30 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

> I have a local mirror of development but not extras-development, that
> I periodically refresh manually, so i can reproduce identical installs
> and only get bang up-to-date when I'm ready.
>
> Sometimes I think yum is using a wrong mirror, in reality when I check
> it usually turns out yum *is* using my mirror, but it seems surprising
> to me that none of the -d levels actually tell you the actual URL it
> is using, or have I missed something?

+1

I just got this for FC6 Released Updates and mirrorlist enabled,

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  522755 Feb 27 17:34 primary.xml.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    1197 Feb 27 18:03 repomd.xml

plus ugly dependency errors for alsa-lib-devel, because the chosen mirror
only carried an old copy and not the one, which has been updated a week
ago. What should I have done to display the URL of the mirror that is the
origin of these files in Yum's cache? When I played with -d levels, I
suddenly caught an up-to-date mirror.