sd, sd, who's got the sd - rel notes info for upgraders - needs review

David Timms dtimms at
Wed May 2 21:35:16 UTC 2007

David Timms wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> David Timms wrote:
>>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> I couldn't find the T4 version of the release notes to see if stuff
>>> is already mentioned - only links to fc6 etc.
>>> Can you point them out ?
>> T4 is but what you
>> really need is the current and much more updated version at
> Thanks Rahul, based on the info people have provided in this thread, I
> probably have enough info to make a relnotes page. I'll post back once I
> have an initial version to proofread / test.

OK, I did an initial version  of what I understand existing Fedora users
will need to do to be able to upgrade to F7:
under "Disk partitions must be labeled"

Please feel free to test the process to ensure it works for different
types of filesystems etc, and update as appropriate. It's deficient:
- doesn't mention lvm labelling - since my machines are not happy with
trying to mount lvm volumes, it might be too early to be writing up
about the limitations. I assume work is ongoing on this:

- would it be better to move the content to: ?
That would keep the rel notes tidy, but also exclude it :-|