F7T4 PPC installs fine, but won't boot

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu May 3 03:33:33 UTC 2007

Disclaimer: This was my first PPC install.

I was just given an old Apple G4 w/ approx 200 meg of RAM.

I successfully booted from the ppc boot.iso and did an NFS install.
When it came to partitioning the disk I selected to remove ALL
partitions and then selected the default LVM partition layout and all
the other bootloader defaults, etc.

The install completed successfully and I rebooted.

When the box comes up all i get is a folder in the middle of the screen
with a flashing question mark.

I assume this is a bug, however is there anything else I should
consider?  I have looked on Google without any luck.

Thanks,
John