F7T4: Problems with recognized soundcard (no pcm device)

Guido Ledermann guido.ledermann at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 21:35:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

since F7Test4 I have problems with my soundcard. It is recognized as CIA
VT7120/24. The module is snd-ice1724. It seems that is because there is
no pcm device available. That's what it says within the "configure
soundcard" - ui. When I tell it to reload the sound driver and rewrite
configuration files, it works fine. but it doesn't sho any pcm device at
all.

So, whenever I start an application like rhythmbox, it crashes.

Any hints? Any links to bugzilla?

Guido