F7-T4 Install Woes (LVM, RAID, grub)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu May 10 13:15:23 UTC 2007

Will Woods wrote:
<snip>>
> It's frustrating for us too - we really *want* to fix this stuff, we
> spend hours trying to reproduce it, but in the end we lack some key
> piece of info or hardware to make it happen.

<snip>

I have practically begged for someone to let me know what additional
information is needed.  See 208947 comment #24.  This problem has been
around for a *very* long time.  See also 174047 which was an early
indicator of problems in this area.  237456 is only the latest.

Having spent my life in the computer industry and in delivering
software, hardware, complete systems, etc, I understand the frustration
that arises from bugs that can't be reproduced in the lab, but only at
customer sites (especially near the end of contractual delivery dates).
  Maybe we can relieve some of the frustration by continuing a dialogue
that suggests additional info or tests. If our hardware configuration is
hard to reproduce, then just tell what we can do with the configuration
to get that last bit of information that will lead to a breakthrough.
Just like everyone who is testing Fedora, I really want to participate,
but then get frustrated in return when it looks like we are being ignored.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)