f7t4 plus updates minor things i've noticed.

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 10 14:04:40 UTC 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Skunk Worx wrote:
> > 1) arg parsing. the "flex" command seems to require args like
> > "-i -s" now rather than "-is".
> >
> > 2) xcdroast complains that there is a permissions error on
> > /usr/bin/cdrecord for some reason. Won't start at all.
>
> Please file a bug report in http://bugzilla.redhat.com
>
> Rahul

   A while ago the switch to cdrkit was made.

 $ ll /usr/bin/cdrecord
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 2007-04-24 08:30 /usr/bin/cdrecord ->
wodim*

   My Plextor has long varied between, usable as user, but with the
highrisk of buffer underruns' warning ... to refusin to burn cept
as root with cdrecord.  CL using aliases, No GUI.  Since the change
to wodim, only root can burn.   http://www.cdrkit.org/

   From 'man wodim'....

"In any case, the user running wodim needs read and write access to
the particular device file on a Linux system. It is recommended to
be  root  or  install the application as suid-root, because certain
versions of Linux (kernel) limit the set of SCSI commands allowed
for non-root users.  Even  if  usage  without root  identity  is
possible in many cases, some device drivers still may fail,
show unexplainable problems and generally the problems become
harder to debug.  The  risk  for  buffer-underruns is also
increased. See the PROCESS SCHEDULING PRIORITY section below for
more details."

--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas