fc6test3

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Thu May 17 08:08:17 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 07:27:23AM +0200, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:

> I have to manually unload ata_piix and ahci. Reloading ahci first brings
> the hdd up and then ata_piix to get the optical drive running.
>
> Installation works, but booting the installed systems hangs with a
> kernel crash.
>
> I tried to blacklist the ata_piix, did not help either.

Can you configure sonething in the BIOS about your (presumably) SATA drive?

I have seen strange differences between RHEL4 and RHEL5 on a specific
piece of hardware, and also differences between installing and running
w.r.t. whether the SATA drive is seen resp. properly operating.

In that case, I could made it working by setting a BIOS option to
"SATA only" (I don't know exactly why...).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>