softirqd consumes 100% of CPU on kernel 3149

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu May 17 15:52:22 UTC 2007

fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 05/17/2007 11:24:08 AM:

> On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 11:50:00PM -0400, Fulko Hew wrote:
>  >
>  > I just updated my FC7t4 system from kernel 3116 to the latest rawhide
>  > kernel (3149).
>  > I now see that ksoftirqd/0 consumes 100% of the CPU.
>  > Fortunately I have a Core 2 Duo, and so the second CPU is still idle.
>  >
>  > This problem does not exist on kernel 3116.
>
> Do you have 3945 wireless ?
> I've seen something similar happening.

Yes.

And not configured/enabled because I don't know what additional
software/packages/config/install_process I need to get it to work.

How _do_ I get my 3945 to run in FC7 ?

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.