rawhide report: changes

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu May 17 22:53:47 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Build System wrote:
>> New package php-pear-HTML-QuickForm-ElementGrid
>>     Meta-element which holds any other element in a grid
> Please fix these reports to have a date in the subject.
Does the message indicate they are now available in the repo ? Perhaps
they should have the standard headers like existing packages - ie when
who and the initial version.

I also noticed some oddities in other entries:
! missing blank line:

* Mon May 14 2007 Till Maas <opensource till name> - 0.9-1
- update to latest version

! missing comment for perl-File-Next:

* Mon May 14 2007 Ralf Corsépius <rc040203 at freenet.de> - 0.33-1
- Upstream update.

- Upstream sync

* Tue May 08 2007 Remi Collet <Fedora at FamilleCollet.com> 1.0.8-1

I would suggest that build system should not be allowed to make an
updated package available without at least mention of the person who
instigated it, and their comment {better - minimum 5 words}.

Reasoning - even in summary form - now that many people can do lots, it
is more important that changes are notarized / traced.

ps: I see lots of package updates from non-redhat staff :-) This merge
thing is really in action !!!