Bluetooth SCO patches missing?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue May 22 16:39:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 12:08:24 -0400
davej at redhat.com (Dave Jones) wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 01:54:07PM -0500, David Hagood wrote:
>  > I was playing around with the latest 2.6.21 kernel from Fedora, and
>  > trying to get the ALSA plug-in for my Bluetooth SCO headset
>  > working.
>  >
>  > Upon running my test, I get:
>  >
>  > Message: fmt 5, channels: 1
>  > ALSA lib pcm_sco.c:277:(sco_headset_hw_params) Unable to set
>  > number of SCO buffers : please upgrade your Kernel !
>  >
>  > Which would lead me to believe the patch for the SCO buffers
>  > hasn't made it into Fedora, is this correct?
>
> Do you have a point to the patch you refer to?

I think he's refering to the sco-flowcontrol patch...

http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at bluetooth-alsa.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bluetooth-alsa co plugz

look in the patches/ dir.

The latest one there says it was submitted for 2.6.21, but I have seen
no sign of it.
I have been hoping it would get merged so I could submit my
plugz/sbc/a2dp packages and have some nice working bluetooth headset magic. ;(

The last thread on the mailing list I see about it is:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.devel/12118

> 	Dave

kevin