yum is installing both i386 and x86_64 for everything

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 22 18:20:21 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 14:10:46 Neal Becker wrote:
> I don't want to exclude all i386 packages.  There are a set of i386
> packages that should nominally be installed on an x86_64 system.  I want
> those.  I just don't want to get i386 versions of everything.

You'll have to figure out what that 'set' of packages is.  The only thing I
can think of would be wine.i386 if you wanted that, and firefox.i386 if
nspluginwrapper doesn't work for you.  Everything else is the multilib case,
and that's what's made available in the x86_64 repo.  You're not getting i386
versions of everything, you're getting i386 versions of what is considered
the multilib set, which is determined by the multilib function of mash.

http://git.fedoraproject.org/?p=hosted/mash;a=blob_plain;f=mash/multilib.py;hb=HEAD

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora