Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:24:09 UTC 2007

     Dear friends,

  OK, forget about the word "preferred".

  Is is there any way at all to use a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
adapter under Fedora 7? If so, how?

  I am running F7, as far as I know fully updated. I can not install
ipw3945 or iwlwifi (from atrpms), because yum says, the right kernel
(/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3142.fc7) is missing. The system does not even
seem to be aware of the existence of the adapter (it does work,
however, under Windows XP). I have no idea what to do next.

  How do I proceed? Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver