Incoming email crashed Evolution

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu May 24 19:46:56 UTC 2007

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> A news email from eweek caused Evolution to repeatedly crash
> on startup.  I had to remove the email with command line tools.
>
> In addition, the address book defaults to blank instead of
> personal every time I compose a message.  I have only one address
> book, why can't it be be default?
>
> Since there are many emails that do not display properly with
> Evolution, I'm looking at Thunderbird.  Any comments on
> Linux Thunderbird as an alternative to Evolution?
>
> "it needs to evolve" - James T. Kirk

I tried Evolution for two months and have moved back to Thunderbird for
as much as I can.  I have to use Evolution to get my mail off of the
Exchange server.

Thunderbird is so much faster than Evolution and I find that it helps me
be more productive than Evolution.  I hear the same complaints about
Outlook in comparison to Thunderbird.

More control over things.  I am using TB 2.0 rpm from REMI and it is
great.  What used to take me hours in Evolution now takes me minutes.

And as some have said, there are bugs that just don't seem to get fixed.
  This is even repeated on the Evolution mail list.

Now if Thunderbird would work with Exchange server.  Hopefully the
Openchange libmapi will be able to do this in the near future.

http://www.openchange.org/

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.