Fedora 7 Final testing

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat May 26 19:39:51 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 14:16:28 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> I am seeing some annoying stuff which display resolution. I have a TNT2
> card that appears to be using the nv driver and a sync master 1100p
> monitor. After the upgrade it was using a different resolution than
> before. The name displayed in the display hardware menu didn't match
> the name in the drop down menu for the same device. When I switched to
> the name I could pick and rebooted it came up in a mode that wasn't usable
> (the display had color, but it wasn't in the right places). I tried removing
> the xorg.conf file and letting it auto detect again and it came up unusable
> again. So I switched to the backup config file.

I looked through the xorg log and it looks like it is picking up reasonable
possible modes for the monitor from direct probing.
However the modes I would like are being rejected when checked against the
video card as either "width too large for virtual size" or "height too large
for virtual size".

I remember seeing some discussion about the nv driver recently in regard
to rawhide installs, so I'll see if I can find those or just drive to
use the other driver.