request: someone with F7 RC2 i386 dvd iso downloaded

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed May 30 11:51:35 UTC 2007

David Timms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a proof of concept tool for downloading large images when
> the downloadee already has much of the content on the iso, with the
> intent to mostly use existing mechanisms / tools, and be more efficient
> than jigdo.
> I am keen to have someone who has downloaded the recent F7 i386 dvd iso
> run the following  command on the iso file:
> iso-info -q -l -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso
>  >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.iso-info.txt

OK, I realize that I'm missing some detail from the dump that John sent
me. This is another request for a dump: however, you do have to have
libcdio rpm installed so that the command is available:

$ iso-info -q -l -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso
 >  >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.iso-info.txt

It would also be useful to have the result of:
$ isoinfo -lR -i /path/to/my/downloaded/F-7-i386-DVD.iso | bzip2 -c
 >F-7-i386-DVD.iso.isoinfo.txt.bz2

Basically either command should give the info my tool needs, however the
formating is different; I'm not sure which is simpler to parse, nor
which is more commonly installed ?

DaveT.