rawhide working towards F8

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:42:33 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>    Now rawhide will push towards f8 release.  I will
> be out for summer, I will not be able to help with
> testing other than tomorrow except for a laptop and it
> will be hard to test *will be on dialup and no working
> connection under linux*.  If I put my machine away and
> come last week of August and run yum update will it
> hurt me and the testing process in any way, other than
> get the test release(s) and run update from there.

<presto pimp mode>
Have you heard of presto? deltarpm for yum...
That plugin cuts my data download during FC6 updates for 50-70%
So it makes updates possible even on slower connections because it
uses a lot much smaller downloads to do the update!

I love this plugin and it works great on 2 of my FC6 boxes without any problems.
F7 support will be soon be enabled and I can't wait for that to happen.
If you can look it up and I hope this gets enabled by default in F8!

</presto pimp mode>

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241