how to test compiz-manager

Caerie Houchins cdhouch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:06:41 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de> wrote:

> Am Do 1.November 2007 schrieb shrek-m at gmx.de:
> > Sebastian Vahl schrieb:
> be
> > >
> > > ccsm would be a replacement for beryl-settings. It likely will be
> > > available as
> > > an update for f8:
> > > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=22211
> >
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5169
> >
> > f8-updates-candidate ?
> > f9-devel ?
> >
> > it seems to be in f8?
> > and why was it never in rawhide ??
>
> Because it was build after the final development freeze. It will be in
> rawhide
> when rawhide is unfrozen again.
>
> Sebastian
>
> --

Just to note, I grabbed the ccsm rpm from koji and installed it.  When you
then launch compiz using compiz-manager and not the "desktop effects"
option, you can use ccsm to configure compiz.  If you don't launch it with
compiz-manager then it won't pick up the right config file and ccsm will
appear to do nothing.

--
Caerie Houchins