yum: rpm_check_debug vs. depsolve: rhnlib needs python(abi) = 2.4

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Nov 1 18:22:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 11:39:31AM -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> I expect that we(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveUpgrade) might
> want to find a way to deal with this, maybe not with Obsoletes, but
> something inthe f-r.rpm %postinstall or something.  Maybe not.

It seems to me that if a package blocks something in updates
and is an "orphan" (both conditions tested in one time or another)
then it should be marked for a removal; otherwise I would be very
careful about doing anything hasty.  Likely packages deleted
that way should be marked quite prominently in logs.

   Michal