Printing problems and SELinux hcid/bluetooth_t issues.

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 11:37:39 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 17:32 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > What does 'lpstat -s' say?  Even if the local cupsd is running, it may
> > be that you have configured CUPS clients to use a different host.
>
> They're all showing ///dev/null.  The problem occurs when the Gnome
> printer manager tries to connect to the cupsd on "localhost", so the
> machine doesn't see ANY printers on the net (two of them are JetDirect
> printers and one is on my old FC6 machine).  My F7 box sees them just
> fine and I can print to them.  The F8t3 machine won't let me look at
> them, delete them from the F8t3 queues or print to them.  I can't even
> delete them from a browser aimed at localhost:631.

Okay, if it says 'localhost' in the title bar of the printing
configuration tool, it isn't the problem I thought it might be.

It sounds like you might be trying to delete queues that cupsd has found
on the network by browsing -- you can't do that.

Could you attach your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and /etc/cups/printers.conf
files please?

Thanks,
Tim.
*/