compiz questions

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:27:20 UTC 2007

I have compiz-manager in my startup session programs in rawhide. I also
installed ccsm from koji repository and it seems to flawlessly work.
How can I temporary disable/re-enable compiz-manager in case I want to run
OpenGL intensive applications?
Tipically with my Nvidia 6600 le in glxgears I get these fps values

3335 with compiz and 3926 without it in default window
191 with compiz and 341 without it in full screen (1280x1024 24 bit)

When compiz is running he processes  are:

[testuser2 at tekkaman ~]$ ps -ef|grep compiz
502       2965  2791  0 Nov03 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh
/usr/bin/compiz-manager
502       3071  2965  0 Nov03 ?        00:02:59 /usr/bin/compiz
--ignore-desktop-hints --replace --loose-binding ccp

Also, I found that I can rotate the cube with Ctrl+Alt+mouse only if I begin
the operation with the pointer over a window, while it does not work when it
is on the background.
Is it a bug to report upstream? Any other with the same issue?