F8RC3 can't Coexist?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Nov 4 18:45:01 UTC 2007

I disabled all but one of the drives on my office machine
and then installed RC3 x86_64 on that drive.  All was
well with Fedora.  The only nit was fuzzy display on a
24 inch lcd on first boot but this resolved on reboot.

I reconnected the first three drives and reinstalled RC3
on the same drive as before except it was now sdd
instead of sda.  The divide error flood returned.
I changed the e2label to Fedora8 and adjusted
grub.conf and fstab but Fedora still stalled in the
storm of divide errors.

So it appears the problem is coexistience, which only
appears if a variety of other systems are installed in
various partitions on the machine.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665