updating fstab entries

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 5 12:33:12 UTC 2007

Keith Roberts wrote:
> I'm updating my FC6 fstab to use LABEL=xxx for mounting partitions. All
> seems OK apart from the following two lines, for the floppy drive and
> the DVD/CD-ROM drive:
>
> /dev/fd0 /media/floppy      auto    noauto,user,sync      0 0
> /dev/hdd /media/dvdrecorder iso9660 rw,user,noauto,unhide 0 0
>
> Can I use these lines as-is, for the Fedora 8 fstab?
I don't know if they will matter because they wont be automatically
mounted. And you wouldn't be able to mount either by label {i think}
because they normally get the disk volume label of the removable media
{like DOS_6.2 or whatever}.

So you  comment both out, but I have no experience with that either.

DaveT.