updating fstab entries

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon Nov 5 12:56:24 UTC 2007

Keith Roberts schrieb:
> I'm updating my FC6 fstab to use LABEL=xxx for mounting partitions.
> All seems OK apart from the following two lines, for the floppy drive
> and the DVD/CD-ROM drive:
>
> /dev/fd0 /media/floppy      auto    noauto,user,sync      0 0
> /dev/hdd /media/dvdrecorder iso9660 rw,user,noauto,unhide 0 0
>
> Can I use these lines as-is, for the Fedora 8 fstab?

/dev/hdX will no longer work since f7 :(
you can try  /dev/scd0    (scsi cd #1)

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html
9. Linux kernel
IDE Device Names Changed
The new IDE drivers now cause all IDE drives to have device names such
as |/dev/sdX| instead of |/dev/hdX|.
If the |/etc/fstab| or |/etc/crypttab| files reference these devices by
name, they must be migrated before the system can access those partitions.

--
shrek-m