Anybody got Sun's Java running on F8rc3?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Mon Nov 5 19:48:06 UTC 2007

>>> Why do you assume it doesnt support 5 or 6 features? Iced Tea is a
>>> derivative of the latest OpenJDK.
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>
>> Because it announces itself in about:plugins as GCJ Web Browser
>> Plugin 1.4, and it won't run my version 6 applet.
>
>Right but that's different from IcedTea. Sun applet viewer has non-free
>bits still IIRC and GCJ web plugin works on both x86 and x86_64.
>
>Rahul

I'm not sure here what is different from icedtea.  The above is what
showed up when I reinstalled everything.  Is there another plugin?
How would I get that instead of this one?

Non-free bits or not, Sun's Java and the plugin worked just fine on
F7 and all the previous versions.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson