INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 22:15:03 UTC 2007

John Summerfield schrieb:
> Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 06:57:20PM +0100, Antonio wrote:
>>> I love blleding edge, maybe that it is too risky for my office laptop,
>>> but I will stay with rawhide :-)
>>
>> This is "rawhide" so this is _supposed to be_ risky.  It did not
>
> No, it's not supposed to be risky. It's supposed to work every time.
> However, one should not expect that ideal to be met, either in rawhide
> or in Fedora.

i could not find the rawhide README online, where is it ?
here is the old from  ? fedora core 1 devel ?  was it rhl 9.92 ?

-- shrek-m

---- the  README  from the  rawhide-repo  via ftp/http ----

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling........

In an effort to improve communications with the development community,
enable Linux users to test bleeding-edge technology, speed development,
and improve the quality of future Fedora Core releases (as well as to
end world hunger and eliminate human conflict), the Fedora Project will
be releasing development versions of the Fedora Core Operating System
on a regular basis.

Dubbed "Raw Hide", the releases will have version numbers independent of
Fedora Core's version. Raw Hide 1.0 will appear on
download.fedora.redhat.com.

How Raw Hide is a Team Effort

The success of Linux and its rapid adoption by an increasing number of
users for mission-critical applications has resulted in a growing number
of developers. In addition to helping new users discover Linux, this
development community continues to bring new features, tools, and utilities
to Linux. As the Linux development community continues to push the rapid
evolution of Linux, infrequently released Linux distributions have a
difficult
time providing the latest tools and innovations developers need.

To solve this problem, the Fedora Project is harnassing the rapid
development
model which has proven so successful for developing individual components
of the Linux operating system.  This model helps us deliver award-winning
OSs, and we anticpiate that Raw Hide will provide similar benefits. It's
our hope that the feedback we receive from the Linux development community
will range from notification of errors and omissions to valuable discussions
of the technical benefit (or lack thereof) of new features.

discussion.

Chomping at the Bit for Raw Hide

The growing user base of Linux highlights the need for early, accurate,
and broadly disseminated information on new features and trends in Linux
development. We can't think of a better way of keeping our user base fully
informed on what we are up to then regularly posting our development release
and source code.

Raw Hide Can Be a Bit Tough to Chew on So Run at Your Own Risk (and
Enjoyment)

These releases have not been quality tested by Red Hat's Quality Assurance
team. They may not boot. If they boot, they may not install. If they
install,
they may not do anything other then waste CPU cycles. If anything breaks,
you most assuredly own the many fragments which will be littered across your
floor.

It may not be possible to upgrade from Fedora Core to Raw Hide, from Raw
Hide
to Fedora Core, or from Raw Hide to Raw Hide! If a stable upgrade path is
important to you, please do not use Raw Hide.

DO NOT USE THESE RELEASES FOR ANY WORK WHERE YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION
RUNNING, THE ACCURACY OF YOUR DATA, THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR NETWORK, OR ANY
OTHER PURPOSE FOR WHICH A RESPONSIBLE HUMAN WOULD USE A COMPUTER. (But then
again what would be the fun of hacking Linux if there wasn't some risk
involved. ;-)....)

These releases will be available from
 download.fedora.redhat.com:/pub/fedora/core/development

Enjoy!
----/----