Rawhide schedule changes - info for testers

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 17:33:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 11:23 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:08:08 -0500,
>   Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > The Preview Release snapshot comes two weeks before the final release.
> > This lines up with the final development freeze. It represents the first
> > attempt at producing a Release Candidate[2].
> >
> > As we approach the final release, Release Candidate images will probably
> > be made available for testing, like we did with Fedora 8.
> >
> > If you want more details, check the links above. If you've got any
> > questions or concerns, please speak up soon.
>
> At what point does the key the rpms are signed with change from the
> rawhide key to the fedora key?

Rawhide packages aren't signed right now, but anyway..

At some point close to release (PR1? RC1?) we'll do the fedora-release
repo switch (like we did with F8) to pin everyone to the final release;
this time, though, we'll remember to sign the packages first.

I'm not sure if we've decided what day that'll be yet. Jesse?

-w