Fedora 8 Test Update: kernel-2.6.23.8-62.fc8

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 20:34:34 UTC 2007

 <updates <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> Name        : kernel
> Product     : Fedora 8
> Version     : 2.6.23.8
> Release     : 62.fc8

Excellent - I am running an old Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D6800 laptop with f8
fully up to date and now installed this kernel.

This is the first time I have been able to get a stable wireless connection
with an Edimax EW7318UG usb wireless adapter using the in-kernel rt73usb
driver from rt2x00. The wireless connection is running with
wpa_supplicant connecting to my AP with WPA2-PSK.  So the in-kernel wireless
drivers are certainly a major improvement.

This is great - thanks for a nice kernel update.