Bugzilla 'version' changes for Fedora this Friday!

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 09:51:30 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers said the following on 11/28/2007 09:08 PM Pacific Time:
> Moving everything and the renaming is fine as is, to get things up to
> date.  Not that I don't want to see things changed, just issues I
> thought of.  But how will it work during testing?  As in, you have FX
> Beta and you file bugs against rawhide?  And during testing, alpha,
> beta, testing, rc, whatever they all go against rawhide, and the bugs
> stay against rawhide between testing releases?  That may work fine, but
> what about once the testing goes gold?  Do all bugs between last
> official release that were filed against rawhide, get moved to the
> final?

I think they should get moved.

> FX Development begins..
>
> --->Alpha - bugs filed against rawhide?
> ---->Test - bugs filed against rawhide?
> ----->Beta- bugs filed against rawhide?
> ------>RC - bugs filed against rawhide?
> ------->Gold - Bugs moved from rawhide to FX?
>
> In other words, no bugs should exist against rawhide, except during
> development cycle between official releases?

I completely agree.  By performing the step you are suggesting at GOLD we establish somewhat of a marker in BZ as to when the issue was filed (vs. rawhide forever)... w/o having to pull up the bug and look at it.

We discussed this a little here too: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-November/msg00867.html

John