update killed X (continuation)

Alexey Filin alexey.filin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:49:00 UTC 2007

Hi Ben,

I made update with
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-28.fc8.x86_64.rpm<http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/xorg-x11-server/1.3.0.0/28.fc8/x86_64/xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.3.0.0-28.fc8.x86_64.rpm>only,
no other packages had to be installed/updated (after yesterday update
of course),

rpm says which package is to be updated/installed by dependency during
update (unfortunately a library name  only sometimes), --force helps to make
rpm do it work even if it thinks something is wrong (use with cautions --
have old rpms at hands and try to fix dependency error(s) at first)
ldd says which library is not available (not
installed/updated/misconfigured), usually ldconfig is run automagically if
required

regards, Alexey