F8 t3 DNS setup problem

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Oct 8 11:43:30 UTC 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, David Boles wrote:

> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>     <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> From: David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: F8 t3 DNS setup problem

*snip*
> After you set your static numbers did you turn off (disable) Network
> Manager before you rebooted? And why did you reboot anyway?

I like to reboot to know that everything is going to come up
fine after a reboot. I have Been caught out with that
before. Settings that only work for the initial session,
that do not work after the machine is rebooted.

Originally NetworkManager was not running. I started KDE and
I could not connect to the internet. The NetworkManager
displayed a red cross on the ethernet icon and right
clicking on it told me that NetworkManager was not running.
So I assumed I had to run NetworkManager to get my eth0 card
working.

Do I need NetworkManager installed and running to connect to
the internet?

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net