How does one enable livna development repo in rawhide?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 12:32:35 UTC 2007

--- Michael Schwendt
<mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:00:48 -0700 (PDT), Antonio
> Olivares wrote:
>
> > > You should really ask your question to the livna
> > > project since it is not
> > > part of the main fedora project.
> > >

> > > Antonio Olivares asked:
> > >
> > > You need to install the livna-release rpm from
> > >
> > >  > http://rpm.livna.org/rlowiki/
> > >
> > Been there done that.  Does not work!  Got Fedora
> 7
> > release, and yes
>
> The livna-release-7 rpm contains the
> livna-devel.repo template.
> Enable it. Works for me.

Done that!

> > > if you haven't already, and edit
> > > /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo by
> > > setting "enabled=1" in the livna-testing
> section.
>
> Why livna-testing? livna-devel.repo!
>
> > I also did this, but I get error messages.
>
> Complaining about "error messages", but not quoting
> them, is not
> nice and a waste of time.
>
> --

checking for FFMPEG... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... yes
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... yes
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h usability... yes
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h presence... yes
checking for ffmpeg/avformat.h... yes
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h usability... yes
checking ffmpeg/avutil.h presence... yes
checking for ffmpeg/avutil.h... yes
checking postproc/postprocess.h usability... no
checking postproc/postprocess.h presence... no
checking for postproc/postprocess.h... no
configure: error: Missing header file
postproc/postprocess.h.
[olivares at localhost vlc-0.8.6c]$

The FAQ at

http://wiki.videolan.org/index.php/Linux_VLC_FAQ

says to do that, I have done this

A1. To get rid of these problems while compiling, run
configure with these flags at least: ./configure
--enable-shared --enable-shared-pp --enable-pp
--enable-gpl
The description of each of those is available when
doing ./configure --help
A2. The path of ffmpeg is not set. Check if you can
locate the file libavcodec.pc on your computer; say
you had find it in /home/you/ffmpeg/ . Export the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to this location:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/you/ffmpeg/

and I cannot find the fine * libavcodec.pc * . Using
find libavcodec.pc comes up empty, yes ffmeg is
installed, so what do they want?

Thanks,

Antonio