F8t3 (7.92) & F8 release compatibility

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Oct 8 15:51:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Will Woods wrote:

> To: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>,
>     For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>     <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> From: Will Woods <wwoods at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: F8t3 (7.92) & F8 release compatibility
>

> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 15:51 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
>> Hi all. If I install F8t3 7.92, will I be able to upgrade
>> this to the final release of F8, without having to do
>> another full/fresh installation? Is it just the repos that
>> will need to be changed?
>
> Yes, you should be able to yum upgrade from Test3 to the final release.
>
> There's always a small chance that you might need to do some manual
> fixing to make it all work as expected. Normally it's just minor things,
> like installing packages that were optional in Test3 but are installed
> by default in the final release.
>
> We'll be sure to document any such changes to make things
> easier for all our brave Test3 testers. :)

Well, it seems that running F8test3 is alot less hairy than
SuSE 5.2 and their alpha software. I remember when KDE was
quite a novel application. Note only one 'l' there LOL :-)

Kind Regards

Keith Roberts

http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

This email address is challenge-response protected with
http://www.tmda.net