Drivers for my strange wireless card

Stelian Iancu si at siancu.net
Tue Oct 9 20:00:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

We got new computers at work and I got my old work computer. It is a
Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P.

Now this thing has a wireless card called "Fujitsu Siemens Computers
WLAN 802.11b/g D1705/D1706". I've tried to find drivers for it for
Linux but all I could find was a dude's post on the Ubuntu forums
complaining about not finding drivers for this thing.

I know that in Windows XP is seen as a USB device. But in Fedora 8
Test 3, dmesg doesn't say a thing about this card. Also, lsusb only
lists a generic "Fujitsu Siemens Computer".

So, do you have any idea if this thing is supported at all in Linux
and if yes, where can I find the drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Stelian