Problems with yum update from f7 to f8t3

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Wed Oct 10 15:19:10 UTC 2007

I used yumex and the development repository to update from a fully
current f7 to f8t3. Basically, I let yum update everything. I had the
following problems, which hopefully an anaconda install would avoid.

    * x stopped working. I needed to manually install libxcb.
    * The kernel switched itself to 586 arch. I followed the
      instructions from fc6 to return to 686.
    * The avahi fc7 package is still there even though the fc8 version
      is installed. I can't remove it. Both yum and rpm say that they
      removed it but it is still there. I don't know if it is a problem
      but would prefer that the system is as clean as possible.

Can anyone help me with this last issue?