Still getting kernel panic with 2.6.23 kernels

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 00:25:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 05:11:25PM -0700, David Mack wrote:
 > I have not yet gotten a 2.6.23 rawhide kernel to boot successfully on my
 > Athlon machine. Every time they try to bring up eth0, I get a kernel
 > panic (see attached serial capture). The 2.6.21-based Xen kernels have
 > no problem.

I reported this upstream after seeing it myself.
Herbert Xu suggested a possible cause (a similar problem got fixed
in e1000, and the e100 driver needs fixing in the same way aparently).
If it doesn't get fixed up soon, I'll end up reverting the e100 driver
in rawhide to that from 2.6.22

Thanks.

	Dave

--