"yum update" dependency error

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 12 07:17:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Tom Brinkman wrote:

> ... An I agree, most things should be BZ'd rather than work'd
> around. I just don't think this is one for your standard Rahul BZ
> response. I agree with the OP that this list is a proper place to
> note daily mirror/--s-b problems... but BZ no.  Heck it'll probly be
> fixed manyana anyhow YMMV

  and this brings me back to my original question -- if i do a "yum
update" and just happen to catch a whole pile of new updates which
produce a dependency error somewhere, should i (or anyone else) just
casually mention it on this list as soon as it happens?

  that dependency error might, of course, just be due to mirrors that
haven't caught up yet, but it might also be a real problem that no one
had noticed.

  personally, i'm still tempted to post and point it out, but i'm
willing to be dissuaded if others think it's inappropriate.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca