fc8t3-livecd runs great but install disaster

ray goss itsmealso2 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 04:02:03 UTC 2007

I had fc8t1 installed on my box and after updates
10/11/07 the wired internet connection (NM) eth0 quit
working after several tries at getting it going again
I installed fc8t3 , the live cd ran fine internet and
all , install seemd to go ok but no boot , examining
the install from Ubuntu install on the same box
(different drive) , on the fedora drive there was only
/boot with vmlinuz , initrid , etc and /boot/grub with
the grub files. no /   no root filesystem at all . a
second try yielded exactly the same results, I'll dl
the dvd tonight and try that , right now I'm typing
this from ubuntu because I am out of buisness
fedorawise .